Las Vegas- Ten Things to Do
Contributed by: TJ Wisner
Obviously, gambling and shows are things you can do in Las Vegas, but here are ten things Cool Old Guys might like to do besides hanging out in the exciting casinos and experiencing the magnificent shows. These are in no particular order of significance, but it could all be done in one day.
1) Breakfast at the America restaurant located in New York New York hotel is a great way to start (or finish) your day. Be sure to find the post card of Flint, Michigan in the one corner. NY NY hotel has much to offer, but get a room above the 11th floor because on lower floors the roller-coaster noise will interrupt your slumber.
2) Once you are up and around, soak up some sun at one of the many awesome pools in town. The pool at the Mirage carries the theme of the Tropical Rainforest. You will never believe you are in a desert with the exotic birds, spectacular waterfalls and lush fauna. (And the cocktail waitresses ain’t bad either)
3) To kill some time before heading back into the casinos, visit the Coke museum. It is actually pretty cool and you can sample Coke from other countries for free. You will need the caffeine! Hint: Don’t try the Coke from China…it sucks!
4) I remember when the Imperial Palace was one of the hot spots in Vegas, but now she’s a bit tired. However, if you like cars as most COGs do, you will want to check out the “World’s Largest” collection of classic cars. It’s very cool!
5) Do lunch at the Harley-Davidson Café. The food isn’t great, but good and the atmosphere is very cool. The moving “assembly line” of Hogs is pretty neat. Plus you must buy a Harley T-Shirt for yourself and a friend.
6) Rent a Harley or car and take the 30 minute drive out to the “Best Dam Tour” in the country. Hoover Dam is amazing and you really need to get away from the action for awhile.
7) Spend two or three hours at an oasis called the “Canyon Ranch Spa” inside the Venetian. Although I’m sure there are probably nicer spas in town, I’ve never seen them and I truly don’t need any better than this. Relax, reinvigorate and refocus for a big night on the town.
8) Start your night off like a “Big Shot.” No really, take the ride on top of the Stratosphere called the Big Shot. Keep in mind, you’re already like a mile up and this thing shoots you up another 160 feet at 45 miles per hour. It’s crazy, but cool. Hang around and watch the sun set.
9) Cruise down the strip in a limo to Mandalay Bay. Have a $30 shot of Vodka at the “Ice Bar” and remember how cool this day was.
10) Catch the tram to Bellagio and have a nice dinner at Olive’s. Overlooking the famous landmark water show…this is incredible. You can feel the water cannons firing off to the beat of the classics.
11) I know, I said ten, but I couldn’t skip one of my favorites. Complete your day with a visit to the Voodoo Lounge on top of the Rio Hotel. Great musical talent is a standard and from the roof, 51 floors up, you will see Vegas from an entirely spectacular point of view.
There are many more cool things to do in and around Vegas that COGs enjoy (above and beyond paying the light bills) tell us yours in the comment section below.
TJ Wisner is a COG and a performance improvement expert who helps individauls and organizations learn more to earn more. Visit him at http://TheCPOInstitute.com